PIAZZA VOLTA – COMO
Renovation of exterior façades and painting
Control of plaster stability, removal of damaged areas and execution of repairs.
Painting, beginning with a first coat of consolidating fixative.
Application of a first layer of a lime stucco using stainless steel trowels, reinforced with ETA-certified network of fibreglass with an anti-alkaline band “160 netting’”weighing 160 grams per m2, warp knitted overlapping the frames by at least 10 cm.
24 hours after the first coat, a second layer of lime stucco is applied.
24 hours after the second coat, a third layer of finishing lime stucco is applied.
- Painting with a first consolidating base coat, potassium silicate-based liquid in compliance with regulation DIN18363 for the dilution of silicate colours
- Painting with 1 coat of filler paint with 0.5 mm granulometry inert mineral filler for the liquid potassium silicate-based coat
- Painting of first coat (GLAZING) with liquid potassium silicate-based exterior paint in compliance with regulation VOB/C DIN 18363
- Painting of second coat (GLAZING) with liquid potassium silicate-based exterior paint in compliance with regulation VOB/C DIN 18363
Apartments and offices
- Application of emulsified acrylic resin-based inhibiting sealant (transparent or coloured)
- Two-stage painting in light solid colour with emulsified water based-vinyl resin paints – on two-coat plaster or smoothed stucco internal surfaces
Parapets and gratings
- Scraping of remaining peeling paint and manual sanding of all surfaces</li
- Application of anti-rust base coat – iron oxide – on all previously prepared surfaces</li
- Varnishing with double coat of synthetic micaceous iron enamel</li
- Restoration works through sandblasting and water jet cleaning: cleaning of surfaces with an appropriate sandblasting system through a product called GMA GARNET (completely natural mineral abrasive, chemically inert and free of any toxic metal, silicon or ferrite) with low pressure portable machines.
This system, used to clean the most delicate surfaces, does not affect the support and prepares the surfaces for the subsequent finishing treatment.
Varnishing with a first coat of transparent anti-insect impregnating agent.
REQUIREMENT – condition of the building:
The façades present a deteriorated state characterised by the presence of various types of stains due to the passage of time and erosion by atmospheric agents.
After some structural modifications performed by the Client, we were requested to renovate the building.
In addition, the Client requests painting of internal walls and enamelling of wooden ceilings and various types of structures in iron.
After a site visit, having seen the state of the surfaces requiring repair, an intervention of renovation of the external façades was established. For the interiors, cycles of painting with water-based paints are envisaged.
Cycles of application of micaceous enamel have been identified for parapets and gratings, while cycles of painting with colourless impregnating agents have been identified for the ceilings.